Visualnoise Pollution

 A song by Otep that describes my blog meaning pretty accurately.


A few months ago, I saw a national news station broadcast live footage of a jogger pushing a lady into traffic!! Luckily, the bus she would've been hit by, swerved around her head, barely missing her. 
Then I watched a video of a policeman who had been shot by a kid. The news called him, the 'boy-with-a-cell-phone-to-his-ear' showing him on his phone repeatedly showing his poor choices. It was frightening and awful to witness. 
It was too much. I had felt personally violated. 
What was this!? Really? Are you serious!?
Live national news!!?? No way. I was baffled.. and embarrassed by what I had seen.
Blackhearts? People with hearts are so murky, they can't see the most fundamental errors. They were already dead inside. Right? Is it natural to find devastatingly morbid footage, then peddle it like candy? 
It reminds me of 9/11, and it's own video fiasco. Did I need to see every possible angle from every possible news station? It was like watching a soap opera, a pointless waste of time on every level.
It would have been honorable, if the 9/11 victims families had been given a copy of the filming, to do with as they chose. Instead, their personal tragedies were aired 24/7 like a dog show.
APATHY  is being used by the media. It's obvious to see how, like a disease, it has spread and gotten worse.
We have been infected by apathy. Why else would we allow ourselves to watch each other suffer? It isn't because of right thinking. It is by our own apathy. 
Apathy creeps me out just thinking about how much gets by with using it. It's job is to create more APATHY.. 
It is like a LAW-OF-NATURE.. Right? 
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” MLK
 So when I came across this quote, with Mr. ROGERS, about his mother, I was reminded of my disdain for media apathy, and delighted by how simple the solution could be as it was shown through a his mother's love..
He related "When I was a boy, I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people helping."

My first thoughts were 'what a great solution!' then I was like, 'Wow, how smart is that!' my last thought was of my own son, and how protective I am of him. 
She had lovingly helped her son, to turn his attention away from a dangerous place. She nudged him away and towards a completely different place. OVER and Over.. I'm honored to of heard their story. 
It is EASY, to do the apathy thing.. Amen to another way of life. Its like watching a shooting Star whenever I find people with encouraging mindsets, like Mr. Rogers and his Ma. We all have the ability to turn our attention away, and into a better place. It is our Divine nature that will overcome this modern plague. Completely doable and totally worth it. God bless.. NLM

Comments